The Malta Individual Investor Programme (IIP) is to allow for the grant of Malta citizenship by Investment by a certificate of naturalization to foreign individuals and their families who contribute to the economic development of Malta.
The investment required in terms of this Programme is as follows:
- Acquire a property in Malta having a minimum value of €350,000 and retain it for at least 5 years; or
- Lease a property in Malta for a minimum annual rent of €16,000 and retain it for at least 5 years.
Invest in Malta an amount of at least €150,000, in amongst other stocks, bonds, debentures, special purpose vehicles, or other investment vehicles as may be identified from time to time, and retain it for at least 5 years.
- main applicant: €650,000;
- spouse: €25,000;
- for each and every child below 18 years of age: €25,000;
- for each and every unmarried child between 18 years of age and 26 years of age: €50,000;
- for each and every dependant parent above 55 years of age: €50,000.
The main applicant must prove that he has been a resident of Malta for a period of at least 12 months, preceding the issuance of the naturalisation certificate.
An application seeking the naturalisation as a citizen of Malta under the Individual Investor Programme must be submitted to Identity Malta by an Accredited Person (declared as such by Identity Malta) and engaged for the purposes by the applicant.
For further information about how GVZH Advocates can help you with any advice on how to apply for the Malta Individual Investor Programme, kindly contact us here.