Investment Services – Licensable Activities
The following services constitute licensable investment services when carried out in connection with “instruments” in terms of Malta’s Investment Services Act:
- Reception and transmission of orders;
- Execution of orders on behalf of other persons;
- Dealing on own account;
- Third party asset management;
- Trustee, custodian or nominee services;
- Investment advice in the form of personal recommendations (excluding recommendations issued exclusively through distribution channels or to the public);
- Underwriting of instruments and, or placing of instruments on a firm commitment basis;
- Placing of instruments without a firm commitment basis;
- Operation of a multilateral trading facility, bringing together multiple third parties buying and selling interests instruments, resulting in a contract.
The above services constitute investment services when they are carried out in respect of financial “instruments” as defined in the Second Schedule to the Investment Services Act.