Spurred by the prosperity and solid reputation of Valletta’s maritime register and the increasing number of US-based owners looking towards Europe for their aircraft registration requirements , the Maltese Government has developed a comprehensive legal and regulatory framework for the registration of aircraft – primarily business and private jets – on the Maltese aircraft register, including the ratification and transposition of the Cape Town Convention on International Interests in Mobile Equipment, providing access to the international registry for the registration of mortgages and other security interests over Malta – registered aircraft and their engines.
We offer the following services to the aviation industry:
- Tax-structuring and optimisation of operators’ business
- Aircraft Registration, transfer and deletion
- Registration, amendment, transfer and discharge of national and/or international security rights in respect of Malta-registered aircraft
- Chartering and leasing agreements
- Purchase and sale transactions
- Servicing, maintenance and repair agreements.
- Searches of the Malta national aviation register
- Searches of Maltese aircraft-owning entities
- Co-ordination of aircraft financing transactions, preparation and review of loan agreements, security agreements, statutory mortgages over aircraft body and engines, collateral deeds of covenants, issuing of legal opinions
- Structuring and implementation of aircraft re-finance transactions
- Co-ordination of all technical requirements for the operation of commercial aircraft with industry experts
- Enforcement of claims against Malta-registered aircraft and their engines, and aircraft situated in Malta