Team: Internal IT
Reporting to: Head of HR
As a System Administrator, you will be a one-man band managing your own tasks. You will mainly be the first point of contact for internal user requests. In this role, the System Administrator needs to respond to requests in a timely manner and will be diagnosing and troubleshooting a variety of desktops PCs, networking, hardware and software issues. Setting up and maintaining Sharepoint and Microsoft Suite are a major part of this role.
Job duties and responsibilities:
- Maintain and administer computer networks and related computing environments including computer hardware, systems software, application software and configurations.
- Perform data back-ups and disaster recovery operations.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve hardware, software or other network and system problems.
- Configure, monitor and maintain email applications or virus protection software.
- Deliver day-to-day first and second line IT Support via telephone, email, remotely or on-site.
- Responsible for various systems setup, maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Analyse equipment performance records to determine the need for repair or replacement.
- Maintain an inventory of parts and equipment.
- Document faults and escalate to third level support where necessary.
- Other Adhoc duties
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology plus a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Sharepoint and Microsoft Suite proficiency is a must
- Good customer service approach.
- Meticulous and follows a proactive approach.
- Good communication skills and the ability to adjust communication depending on the level of IT competence of the user.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology
- 2 years’ experience in a similar role.