Team: Internal IT
Reporting to: Head of HR & Admin
As an IT Support Administrator, you will be a one-man band managing your own tasks. You will mainly be the first point of contact for internal user requests. In this role the IT Support Administrator needs to respond to requests in a timely manner and will be diagnosing and troubleshooting a variety of desktops, PC’s, networking, hardware and software issues.
Job duties and responsibilities:
- Provide first line of user support
- General hardware / software troubleshooting / repairs and upgrades.
- Installation of PC hardware / software / printers etc.
- Installation of active / passive wired as well as wireless networking equipment.
- Managing backups ensuring all data is regularly backed up.
- Ensure that the hardware and software inventory are always kept updated.
- Liaising with third-party providers and vendors as and when required
- Assisting in any IT-related projects that may arise from time to time
- Taking control of System Admin rights and implementing a “best-practice” approach to the management of System Admin procedures/ passwords
- Mapping out our existing network/ cloud infrastructure and understanding any weaknesses we may have / improvements we should make
- Checking on-site server set up and switches infrastructure and understanding any weaknesses we may have / improvements we should make
- Preparing the appropriate customised manuals and procedures (Merlin to propose what documentation we should have in place)
- Reviewing existing security settings and understanding any weaknesses we may have / improvements we should make
- Reviewing user access rights
- Reviewing Microsoft Office 365 licensing structure and understanding what weaknesses we may have / improvements we should make (implementation of encryption of emails?)
- Assisting the team manager with the yearly budget
- Other Ad hoc duties
- Good knowledge of MS Windows and Office 365 cloud including Microsoft OneDrive and OneForms, amongst other systems used in a corporate environment.
- Must have experience with SharePoint
- Understanding of networking principles
- Excellent communication skills and proficiency in English
Qualifications & Experience:
- Diploma in IT or other relevant qualifications
- 2+ Years experience in user support