As part of our development, GVZH is seeking the services of a full-time Head of Compliance who will report to the Chairperson. The selected person will be responsible for the implementation and management of all aspects of compliance and AML / KYC processes within the organisation.
- Ensuring the company’s compliance with internal and external compliance and AML requirements
- Designing and implementing standard procedures aimed at facilitating compliance
- Monitoring, managing and overseeing compliance processes
- Drafting, maintaining, assessing and updating suitable compliance and AML frameworks, communicating them to staff and providing or co-ordinating all necessary training
- Monitoring adherence to policies and procedures
- Acting as MLRO and compliance officer for the organization
- Developing and overseeing client on-boarding processes
- Developing and implementing the company’s compliance monitoring programme
- Conducting risk assessments
- Developing and delivering adequate AML training to staff members
- Keeping updated on developments in the legal and regulatory framework any contributing to the shaping of such industry-wide policies through the appropriate industry and pressure groups
- Acting as the company’s first point of contact for any compliance related matters
- Preparing and delivering internal reports to the and senior management
- Co-ordinating all regulatory reporting to the MFSA, MBR, FIAU, NSO and other regulatory or governmental entities.
- Maintaining the business risk assessment and reporting significant risks to the Partners, Directors and senior management
Education and Experience:
- Strong regulatory background with a minimum of five years previous local compliance experience in a similar role, within a legal, banking, financial services and/or corporate services environment
- Extensive knowledge of AML, FATCA and CRS and the regulatory frameworks for law firms, CSPs and Trustees
- Candidates must preferably already be recognised as ‘fit and proper’ by the MFSA (PQ’d)
- Applicants would need hold suitable compliance qualifications
The right candidate will be offered an attractive remuneration package and exciting personal development opportunities.