GVZH Trustees Limited is currently looking for a Corporate Services Executive to join its Corporate & Trust Team.
The Corporate Services Executive will be managing a portfolio of clients and will be responsible for the setting up and maintenance of a portfolio of client companies, trusts and foundations and ensuring that they are kept in good standing from a statutory, compliance, accounting and tax perspective.
Job duties and responsibilities:
- Handling Client on-boarding procedures in terms of the organisation’s client acceptance policies and applicable compliance legislation.
- Managing the process of registering or creating the company, trust or foundation.
- Acting as the point of contact for a portfolio of clients and assisting client requests on an on-going basis.
- Interaction with banks and financial institutions for the opening, maintenance and management of bank accounts.
- Dealing with all applicable compliance requirements.
- Attending client meetings, and recording meeting minutes as and when required.
- Liaising with accountants to ensure that accounting and tax records are maintained in terms of law.
- Liaising with auditors to ensure that timely statutory audits are prepared and submitted to the relevant authorities.
- A good understanding of the Companies Act, Trusts and Trustees Act and Civil Code, including statutory record-keeping, and the compliance obligations impacting the administration of companies, trusts and foundations.
- Enthusiastic disposition and willingness to learn.
- Proven organisational and project management skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Qualifications and Experience:
- In possession of a University Degree or a Diploma in a subject relating to business law, the law of business enterprises, banking or financial services.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role